A & B Taxis Terms and Conditions
1. Definitions and Interpretations
3. Terms of Carriage
We would like to confirm that passengers can not be collected from on the road outside the terminal at City Airport, it is monitored by APNR cameras and is a drop off area only. please do not request drivers to collect from outside as this can incur a £400 fine. Drivers will have to politely refuse and request all passengers walk to the meeting point is in the short stay car park, it is a very short distance.
The Providers prices are based on Passengers being ready to travel at the booked time. Passengers must book their airport transfer in accordance with check in times and guidelines provided by the relevant airline.
Please note waiting time charges will be levied 60 minutes after the flight lands at £30 per hour for all 4 seated vehicles and £45.00 per hour for 5 seats and above.
We request that all passengers turn on their mobile devices on disembarking from the plane. The drivers will arrive at the airport 30 mins after the flight lands at which time they will endeavour to make contact with the passengers to arrange a meeting point. However if you wish to delay the pickup time to negate waiting time charges please do so at the time of booking. We request that all passengers carefully read the Cancellation policy in our terms and conditions, including the section that says if the vehicle has already been despatched refunds may not be available.
4. Cancellations / Cancellation Charges
5. General Liability Qualification
7. Chip and Pin Credit card payments in vehicles supplied by the providerThe provider in the later part of 2018 provided all our vehicles with a Chip and Pin device linked to our systems for totally secure debit card, credit card for your convenience. This is new technology to our systems and Cordic our dispatch system provider is constantly updating the speed and connctivity of this payment method. But we have had a few glitches, in such a case where the device fails to connect, please ask the driver to call the office and we can take payment over the phone. When you go to your statements SUMUP *BASILDON will appear for every transaction taken through the Basildon Taxis system. The payment taken will be the same as the fare shown on the meter, there are no extra charges for using the contactless chip and pin payment method in the vehicles.
Please Note that some drivers have there own similar credit card devices which they use to accept payment from customers, these transactions will not appear on your statement as above and will have the drivers account details.
8. Luggage Allowances
Small 10" 15" 20" Medium 12" 20" 25" Large 14" 22" 28"
9. Private Hire Drivers taking private bookings, customer warningLocal licensing conditions state that any person accepting or offering to accept bookings for a private hire vehicle must themselves hold a private hire operator's licence or must pass said booking on to a person with an private hire operator's licence issued by the Licensing Authority
There has always been an issue with drivers taking private bookings from customers in their vehicle that had previously booked with the provider, and without the knowledge of the provider. Yet the customer may be unaware that the driver in this case does not have the backing or support of the provider, because all private hire bookings must be made through a licenced Operator, most drivers do not have an operators licence and passengers booking journeys through drivers without the knowledge of the provider do so at their own risk.